Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Continuing Saga...

Greetings,

About this time last night or whatever it was I wrote about my sleeping issue. Well, looks like it is continuing, much to my disgust. I mentioned I may be back with regard to this one, and here I am. So here's another ramble...

So, I relented last night and took the medication to induce me to go to sleep. That was about 3:20am or thereabouts. I figured a late to bed and early get up would fix things. Not the case unfortunately as I am here again. Why did I relent you ask? In a word, pain. My head started to throb and various bits and pieces of my body were on their way to locking up, so staying up was not a good idea. Unfortunately I think I am headed for the same last night.

Let me say "Thanks" to those who took some time to have a chat with me on FB last night. It was greatly appreciated. Nice to have a chat and fill in some hours while I figured out what I should do. I have almost no doubt that the same will happen tonight. At least I have nailed one of the reasons and it is pain. Weather-related pain. The wet weather and the cold are most definitely getting to me again. Not happy about that. Expected it, but still not happy.

Of course due to the crappy weather I was unable to go to training tonight also. So the exercise thing went out the window so the joints have been sedentary. I hope that Wednesday clears up enough for me to go to training that night. I really think that the two doses of exercise that I get at training really do help. I think it is partially due to the enjoyment, partially due to the increased heart-rate, and partially due to the inner-warmth generated due to the exercise. Whatever the cause/effect, it works and I need training at least twice a week for this to work. For those who are new to the blog, that would be fencing training.

Best idea I ever had with regard to my FM was taking up fencing some 20 years ago. I have not looked back. It provides me with motivation, exercise and more importantly something to focus my mind on. Sure I play some console games as well and that helps, but the holistic approach to the study of fencing, studying and doing it, fulfills both the mind and the body. There is so much to learn and that is awesome. I am not saying that it is the magic key, but I think it really helps. What helps is that I have had multiple medical practitioners agree with this assessment. If you can, maybe you should give it a go.

Anyway, the brain has pretty much run out of things to write at the moment. I will probably follow the same procedure as last night, go on FB and have a chat until the body says "No more" again. I know it is not a solution, but heck, it seems to be the thing to do at the moment.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment