Monday, September 26, 2022

3 Weeks in bed...

Greetings,

Ironically this was not the result of fibromyalgia...

Onthe 7th September I had a coccygectomy; they removed my tail bone. I had broken it previously and surgery was the only option available due to the break (class 3). The surgery went well. I stayed in hospital overnight so I could be observed. I have since come home and spent most of my time in bed.

Problem with operation in that spot, at the base of your spine, is that there are few options for comfortable positions and movement. Clearly sitting without some sort of aid is out of the question. Standing is limited due to the nerve connections present. So, I have spent most of my time in bed, lying down, in some fashion. Indeed I am writing this on my tablet while lying on my side.

I have been lucky to have a supportive wife to help me, and some friends to visit. Going by my progress, I expect that I am going to be here for another couple of weeks. This is going to be a slow healing and recovery process, just the way it has to be. 

I am hoping to get out and about sometime, but I will have to manage that as last time it resulted in two days of pain. I may just have to be patient and wait until everything settles down properly. Best not to rush it, and put the healing process back. 

Not sure if I will update about this, especially considering I had not thought about it until now. Then again, you never know. Look after yourselves.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment