Thursday, January 21, 2010

21/01/2010 - Some Trying Days

Greetings,

Now I am going to attempt to explain what has been happening to me for the past couple of days. Recently I had a change in medication to deal with a side-issue. I have been getting chest pains near my sternum for a couple of months now. I went and saw my doctor, he poked and prodded and said he did not know what was going on. I was sent for an x-ray, the upside of this is that it cleared a lot of things off the list but still not solution. We are both thinking it is either a muscular or cartilage problem. The result of this was to increase my medication.

It was known that the side-effects of this combination of medication would result in some drowsiness and some lethargy. What I did not know was it would result in me sleeping for an extended period of time and also feeling "fuzzy-headed" and sluggish all day. While the medication has indeed reduced the pain in my chest, it has resulted in some other side-effects. The increased sleep is an increase of more than six hours and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not the type to stay on the couch all day, well that is exactly where I have spent at least the last one.

This is truly one of those situations of the question of whether the cure is worse than the problem. I will be giving the current run of medications their chance, and will be giving myself some time to adjust to them. I am just hoping that the resulting in-between time is not too bad and that people will understand exactly what I am going through.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment