Saturday, December 18, 2021

COVID Vaccine: My Second Pfizer Shot

 Greetings,

I wrote a little while ago about having my first COVID-19 vaccine and having the Pfizer vaccine to be precise and what I went through as some information for those with fibromyalgia (FM), so they might be aware of some side-effects. I also wrote it because even through all that I knew that I was doing the right thing and that was the most important thing. Well, with the prescribed weeks later, I went and had my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine, knowing full well what the side-effects would be.

The advantage that I had was that I was prepared for these side-effects so the doctor and I were able to mitigate some of the effects by increasing some of my medications for the period of the side-effects. This helped a bit and reduced some of the effect. I am not going to go and detail the day-by-day side-effects that I experienced after this second shot, I don't think it will serve any purpose. The side-effects were much the same, only slightly reduced.

In about five months I will be eligible to have my booster shot, and I will be having that too. Yes, it will no doubt result in another week full of side-effects, but that is not the point. Yes, it will result in me being inconvenienced for another week, but that is not the point. I will decrease my chances of being infected by COVID-19; I will also decrease my chances of passing the same on to others; and that is the point.

Much like wearing a mask in public where we can't social distance or we are asked to by our government, or public health authorities. We do this not only for our own benefit, but for the benefit of those around us. This is something that has often been lost in our current era, we do not think of others very often, we do not take our heads out of our little worlds to think of how our actions affect others, or how our inactions affect others. 

If anything, I hope that this pandemic teaches us to be kind to our neighbours, to consider our actions and what effect they will have on our neighbours. I know they are high hopes, but you have to start somewhere.

Cheers, 

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment