Monday, June 2, 2014

Bitten Again

Greetings,

So, I mentioned something a while ago about my knee giving me troubles. Well, I have had an x-ray and ultrasound just for them to find out that it is a perfectly good looking knee which is there. This means of course it that my fibromyalgia has decided that it was high time to come up and bite me in the butt again. I thought that I had this all under control, not to be by the looks of things.

So, this will make my trip to the orthopedic surgeon most interesting, but at least I will know for sure what is going on with the knee, whenever they get around to it. Likewise the trip to physiotherapy is going to be interesting, but at least I should get around to seeing them. Needless to say I am on a waiting list for the both of them.

So, what's the story? The knee is alright in the morning, and gets worse during the day. It also gets worse when it gets cold. Yup, FM all over. Obviously if I use it too much there is an issue, and just to confuse things, if I don't use it enough there are issues. No winning with this one. So, I have been saddled with a knee brace to assist the knee and it is working alright. Similarly I have also been saddled with a walking stick for when I need it.

Looks like I have a trying time ahead, but it is just another bit to get through, like the rest of it. I am figuring that I can work around some stuff and just leave some alone for a while. But be stuffed if I am simply going to put myself in a corner and complain and do nothing. I have stuff to do which needs to get done, and stuff to do that I want to do. Onward and upward I suppose.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment