Thursday, July 26, 2012

Living in a Land of Irony

Greetings,

So I am going to have a bit of a ramble on here about the latest lot of happenings...

For all those who read my last entry, I went and had the Respiratory Function Test on the Friday as planned. In the next week I got a phone call back from the doctor saying that the results were very positive. The result of this is that over the next several weeks I will be reducing my Prednisone. I count this as good news. The Methotrexate will stay at the same level for the forseeable (at the moment) future. Must be getting better... kinda.

Now for the irony... Sarcoidosis is an auto-immune disease meaning that the situation is that the body is fighting off itself. This means that the immune system is working over time. What this meant is that I was pretty much immune to most stuff for an extended period of time, which was neat, aside from all the issues which I have already mentioned. The irony strikes in that as I am getting over the sarcoidosis, the steroids I am taking are pummelling the hell out of my immune system meaning that I have more chance of catching something as a result. Like I said, irony get better and get worse almost simultaneously. I will be *so* happy when this is all finished. The ups and downs are annoying. Just thought I should put this one out there.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment