Monday, March 15, 2010

News at Last About the Chest Issue

Greetings,

I must apologise for the rather large gap in time since my last post. Now to get on to more important things. I mentioned an issue that I was having with my chest a while ago, and the new medication that I was having to get used to. Well, after some swearing, cursing and examination of the situation things are finally looking up.

First, with regard to the medication.... I have finally managed to get that under some resemblance of control. I am now taking it and actually waking up at a relatively reasonable hour. This is I think my body getting used to the medication and its side-effects. The other good thing is that the pain in my chest is also finally coming unders some sort of control, thanks to the new medication. So in other words I am scoring two for two with regard to the medication.

Now for the really important information. There is a chance that there may actually be some light at the end of the tunnel for this particular issue in my life. I went to the doctors again to have a chat about the medication and also the particular issue and its persistence. He examined me for any changes and decided that it was time for an ultrasound of my chest. In particular it will be doing a scan of "Anterior costo chondral joints". If it comes up that this is where the problem is, it could all be solved before Easter, which would be great. This is the best news I have had for a while.

As for things in general, well I have had pretty much of a "normal" time for me, well as normal as a person with FM can have. The weather around here has been rather changeable of late and has been causing some issues, which I mentioned it does in a previous post. I am attempting to stay as mobile as possible as I have found that the more mobile I am the better I feel, a sedentary lifestyle, while wonderful in other respects, just does not do me much good. I would prefer to be active.

Anyway, things being what they are, I will hopefully remember to update this once the scan is done. Some good news and a possible solution would be nice. It would be nice to actually mark off a problem for a change rather than just adding them.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment