Monday, December 7, 2009

7/12/2009 - Energy Levels

Greetings,

Well, today we are going to talk about energy levels. This is a subject which is a little bit funny, especially as while I am writing it, I am really not feeling the best. One of the associated symptoms of FM is having a lack of energy. This makes it difficult to achieve things.

The lack of energy experienced may have some relation to other things that might have happened over the previous couple of days. Then the energy level might actually not. In my case, at the moment, it is attributable to a problem with a complete lot of sleep over the past couple of days and the fact I had a big weekend. On the other end of the scale, I have been fine in the morning once I got past the usual waking up issues, and then suddenly got really tired during the day.

The real problem with energy levels is where you are so tired that all you can really think to do for the day is sit in front of the TV and watch movies all day. This tends to be really annoying for me as it makes me feel that I have managed to get nothing done for the day. Of course this can lead to depression a bit, which can make things even worse. So, instead I try to look at it as a period of enforced rest, therefore resting is useful so I can be productive for the next day.

In the case of those days where there is something to do later in the day, this can be a bit tricky. This is actually the case as I am writing this. I have training to do this evening and I am hoping that if I conserve my energy during the day that it should not be too much of a problem for me. In most cases this conservation means doing only a little bit today so I get my achievement feeling, but not so much that I use to much for me to be useful this evening. I will just have to see how it goes I suppose. This pattern actually works for me for the most part.

Energy levels are something which most people can feel fluctuating as they do. The changes in energy levels for a person with FM can change quite drastically and in a short period of time. In this way it is important that this energy is managed so that the greatest benefit can be achieved from its use.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment