Monday, July 1, 2013

Sleep time... What?

Greetings,

Well, I figured I should get around to writing this one sooner rather than later before it passed my mind. It is on that immortal subject of sleep. Unlike my usual posts which are usually organised by thought and so forth this one will not. I also do not guarantee that it is not going to be a lot of rambling.

Anyhow....

For the most part and "usually", if there is such a thing, I get tired, I take my evening medication and I go to bed. Unfortunately this is not always the case. I would like to cite the last couple of days as a prime example. I have been getting up at my usual time, doing what I do in a day. Then it comes to midnight, my average and usual bedtime, and I am not tired. On a usual day I am usually trying to stay awake, past couple of days it has been quite a bit of the opposite.

I, as a rule, do not like having to take medication in order to get to sleep. I did this for a while and my I got a little dependent on them. As I said, usually I get tired, I take my medication and I go to bed. More recently it has been take medication to make me tired and then go to bed, which is not the way that I like it to work. Now I do apologise to any of my readers who are familiar with the concept of insomnia, especially where it is associated with fibromyalgia. For me this is not a general thing that happens.

Only times when I have trouble getting to sleep is: when I have slept during the day, for an extended period of time; got something in my subconscious that is bugging me; I am particularly concerned about something in my life; had too much caffeine (yeah right, ask anyone who knows me well about this one); or the weather is so bad that I am in pain enough that I cannot sleep without pain-killers, another one of my pet-hates. Sure the weather has been really crappy of late and I have been in a bit of pain, but no more than my "usual".

So, here am I sitting, for the first time actually writing on the subject which is actually going wrong for me currently. My usual is to leave it until I can compose my thoughts properly and then write it "properly". Cold weather usually cramps my hands and causes me issues, did so this morning, it was actually my first symptom of FM that I got. Of course my original doctor put it off to "growing pains" or "being too tall and thin" or some other "easily-explainable" or "untreatable, besides by anti-inflammatories" reason. Anyway back on subject-ish. One of the reasons for removing the "regularity" from this blog was for a better insight into what is going on "now" for me. Well, just for a change it is happening.

My issue at hand is that I should be tired enough that I want to take my medications and go to bed. But I am not so I am not going to. This time, I think I am actually going to stay awake and see just how long it will actually take me to feel like sleeping. I would not be surprised if I end up doing some research or end up on Facebook. I am sure that there must be someone awake in the world wanting a chat.

Anyway, I do not know if I will update this blog and keep you all filled in on this. I will make no guarantees on that one. So I will see how things go. You never know you may get another out of me quite soon. Or at least sooner than I would usually.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment